- Author: Emma Otheguy
- Illustrator: Ana Ramírez González
- Publisher: Atheneum (An Imprint of Simon & Schuster)
- Publication Date: January 5th, 2021
- ISBN English: 978-1534445345
- ISBN Spanish: 978-1534445833
- Ages: 4-8
- BUY NOW
"A charming winter story about friendship and making do with love." — Kirkus Reviews
About the book
The Snowy Day meets Last Stop on Market Street in this heartwarming classic in the making about a young boy who is in a new town and doesn’t have much, but with the help of a loving community discovers the joys of his first snowy day.
On the day it snows, Gabo sees kids tugging sleds up the hill, then coasting down, whooping all the while. Gabo wishes he could join them, but his hat is too small, and he doesn’t have boots or a sled.
But he does have warm and welcoming neighbors in his new town who help him solve the problem in the sweetest way possible!
Praise for A Sled for Gabo:
- "This sweet tale will thaw readers’ hearts with its themes of resourcefulness and friendship." — Publisher's Weekly
- "A charming winter story about friendship and making do with love." — Kirkus Reviews
- "Skillfully avoiding didacticism, the book speaks to the desire to belong, the complex fears that inhibit participation, and what generous love and taking risks with confidence might offer." — Horn Book Review
- "A distinct mise-en-scène paired with a toasty, traditional message distinguishes this story of snowy self-discovery." — School Library Journal